Xplorer Essential and Select
- Have the same great benefits—worldwide coverage, excluding U.S., with a 50% savings
- Choose your deductible and prescription benefits
- Select providers in or out of our elite network
- Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum
- No waiting periods or sublimits for preventive services
- No precertification penalty for inpatient or outpatient care
- Covers illnesses and injuries related to terrorism
GeoBlue Xplorer Essential
International health insurance that covers you outside of the U.S. only (Essential Plan).
GeoBlue Xplorer Select
International health insurance that covers you outside of the U.S. only and offers expedited underwriting.
You must be continuously enrolled in a U.S. primary health plan.
- Available up to age 74 / Full underwriting
- Stand-alone plan — all the coverage you need
- Maternity upgrade after 364 days of continuous coverage
- Essential Plan Description PDF
- Available up to age 64 / Expedited underwriting
- Must be continuously enrolled in a U.S. primary health plan to be eligible
- Maternity upgrade available from day one
- Select Plan Description PDF
International Health Insurance 101
Buying licensed, credible health coverage provides assurance.
Not all international health plans are engineered the same way. Become an expert buyer and understand the critical differences in benefits and disparities in consumer protections.
You barely have to turn the page in a newspaper or magazine these days to see that globalization is at the epicenter of the new world order. As global lifestyles emerge, the demand for comprehensive international health insurance has grown rapidly. In response to this demand, a new generation of superior health plans is now available to serve expatriates and their families. This is a positive development for American expatriates who have historically had limited choice when it comes to coverage. Existing insurance options have often missed the mark because of limited benefits, long waiting periods, harsh exclusions, pre-certification penalties, lack of portability and other hidden gotchas. read more