Effective Date: 02/20/2020
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us. GeoBlue may collect information from you through your use of our Sites (for example, when creating an account, filing a claim, or using our contact form). This information may include personal information, which is information that can be used to identify you individually (for example, your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, payment information, insurance carrier, and healthcare provider).
GeoBlue is subject to federal healthcare privacy and security standards under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"). GeoBlue will safeguard the privacy and security of your protected health information in accordance with all applicable HIPAA requirements.
Automatically Collected Information. We use various tools and technologies, such as cookies and web server logs, to collect information automatically when you visit our Sites. This information may include IP addresses, device identifiers, referring URLs, time and length of visits, and pages viewed.
- Web Beacons - Some of our Sites’ web pages may use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage. A web beacon is an electronic image (also referred to as an "action tag", "single-pixel", or "clear GIF") that is commonly used to track the traffic patterns of users from one web page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow and to analyze the effectiveness of websites. Some web beacons may be unusable if you elect to reject their associated cookies.
- Web Server Logs - An IP address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/machine you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet service provider. GeoBlue may use IP addresses to conduct Site analyses and performance reviews and to administer our Sites.
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" signals. Uniform standards for "Do Not Track" signals have not yet been adopted. Like many websites, GeoBlue's Sites do not process or respond to "Do Not Track" signals. To learn more about "Do Not Track" signals, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please note that we or third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different devices and online properties when you use our Sites.
How We Use Personal Information
GeoBlue may use your personal information collected through our Sites for various purposes, including:
- Communicating with you, including responding to your requests for information and other inquiries
- Improving our Sites and facilitating your user experience
- Monitoring our Sites and analyzing usage trends and user activities
- Processing your claims and other transactions
- Marketing our products and services
- Preventing, investigating, identifying, or taking other actions with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity or activities that violate our policies
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, industry standards, and our company policies
- For any other purpose with your consent
How We Share Personal Information
GeoBlue may share your personal information with our affiliates, business partners, and vendors that provide services on our behalf. These third parties are not meant to use personal information except for the purpose(s) for which the personal information was provided.
- GeoBlue will not sell, rent, license, or trade your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing use unless we receive your consent to do so.
- All information you provide to GeoBlue through our Sites, including medical information and other sensitive personal information, may be communicated by phone, fax, or email to a healthcare provider designated by you. This information may be shared whether or not you are ultimately seen by that healthcare provider.
- GeoBlue may share your personal information under confidentiality agreements with other vendors, such as a cloud hosting service or a document storage company. These vendors, which may include members of GeoBlue’s corporate family, may use your personal information to assist GeoBlue in its operations. We may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law. We may provide your personal information in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, other legal processes, governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may disclose personal information as necessary in response to activities that are unlawful or in violation of GeoBlue’s terms and conditions applicable to our Sites, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- In the event of a business transaction, including negotiations of such a transaction, (for example, the sale, reorganization, liquidation, assignment, merger, or other transfer of all or a portion of GeoBlue’s business to another business entity) we may share your personal information obtained through our Sites.
Analytics and Marketing
We may use third-party technology to collect and use data in connection with interest-based advertising. These ad technology companies and advertisers may use, store, or access cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from our Sites and elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide advertising services to us, including targeted interest-based advertisements delivered over time and across online services and devices.
We may use certain web analytics and marketing services to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. Through these analytics and marketing services, we may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your general location, personalize content and deliver advertisements based on your engagement online and with our Sites.
To find out more about how these analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online and how to opt out of information collection by these networks, visit www.youradchoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org.
Please note that we do not control how other parties manage their opt-out processes.
GeoBlue takes reasonable measures to protect personal information collected through the Sites from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, when registering as a GeoBlue member or when requesting, accepting, or reviewing medical appointments, you will use the GeoBlue secure server. Through encryption, the personal information that users enter, including credit card numbers and social security numbers, cannot be read easily as the personal information travels over the Internet. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information collected through our Sites.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your GeoBlue account password. Never share your GeoBlue password with anyone you do not want to access your account, and inform GeoBlue of any need to deactivate an account or password. If you have a security concern about your account, contact GeoBlue by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1 (855) 282-3517.
You have the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from GeoBlue in various places on our Sites. You also may review and request changes to your personal information that GeoBlue has collected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may mail your request to the following postal address:
Worldwide Insurance Services
c/o Customer Service
933 First Avenue
King of Prussia, PA 19406
GeoBlue's Sites are not directed to children, and GeoBlue does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have received personal information from a child under the age of 13 through our Sites, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
Information for Users Outside the United States
If you are visiting GeoBlue's Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that personal information we obtain about you may be processed in the United States or in other countries. By using our Sites, you acknowledge your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries outside your own. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your personal information in other countries may differ from the laws where you are located.